Thursday 18 January 2007

The Wagon Rolls On.......













Well for some of us it does anyway.

It was a blurry and slurred New Years Eve when an intrepid foursome decided and agreed to go on the wagon for the entire month of January.

Was this such a great idea I hear both you and me asking? Too be honest..I'm now not so sure. I can say that I am currently clinging on to the very back of the said wagon by my finger nails, my feet dragging well and truly in the land of alcoholic pleasure.

But, it's now only another week or so until I can say that I did it. Still an uphill challenge. Yes I feel better in myself, and yes I have been able to remember a whole bunch of stuff that in the later stages of last year I would have most definitely forgotten. You know like when you are upstairs in your own house and think, ooh I had better go downstairs and get that thing for work......but when you get there you have absolutely no idea what it is you went for. Sounds familiar?

I have to pay special credit to both my fiance and indeed Ali, our friend who joined me on my sober January crusade. Sterling effort guys! However, there is one more member of the afore mentioned group who spectacularly fell off the wagon last weekend. The cracks appeared from the outset, and it only took one very weak looking pint of Guinness to herald the speedy transition to quaffing large vodka's in the Hallowed realms of the Lord Raglan Public House.

BEWARE! This could happen to you too. I man out of all control. Mark in all fairness, I am truly and utterly green with envy at your withdrawal from the wagonesque world in which I still remain.
I cannot wait for that first pint.



3 comments:

whiteroveruk said...

the wagon rolls on and mr allen is walking behind
keep the faith

Anonymous said...

now that Mr Allen , apart from looking like an acceptionaly handsome fellow , should by all means be commended for not following the crowd but instead following his own path in life , if i where ever to meet him i would say " HI you fine looking fellow, congratulations on following your own path in life and not being one of the sheep , would you like a nice refreshing pint of SPITFIRE.

good day to you all .

Mr Cains of Shrewsbury

whiteroveruk said...

I see mr allen(aka top geezer) has changed his name to mr cains
i thank you
good evening
Mr Guiness of Dublin

To Be Sure!!